6 Holistic Health Lessons
for Natural Health & Healing
From the Goldilocks Fable
The Goldilocks fable involves a little girl who trespassed into the home of a family of three bears.
Once inside the Bear’s home, Goldilocks sampled their meals exclaiming “… too hot, too cold, just right!”, so she ate the “just right” bowl of porridge.
Sampled their chairs exclaiming “… too big, too small, just right!”, so she sat in the “just right” chair.
Sampled their beds exclaiming “… too hard, too soft, just right!”, so she fell asleep in the “just right” bed. The fable ends when baby bear discovers Goldilocks in his bed and exclaims:
“. . . and here she is!”
The 1st Holistic Health Lesson: Too much, too little, just right.
21st-century-living consists of 3 sets of 3 components that can and does affect your health:
1. Work, Family, Self
2. Diet, Exercise, Lifestyle
3. Choices, Information Overload & Confusion
There is a tendency to separate these factors, when, in fact they are interconnected – because they contribute to the 4 health conditions in which you will find yourself – over time.
But first, some holistic health definitions are in order.
2nd Lesson for Holistic Natural Health & Healing: There are 4 Stages of Health:
Healthy → Not Sick → Declining Health → Failing Health
- Healthy is a state of ignorant bliss. For most people, it is the 1st delusion – their state of “being healthy” is a constant, automatic, forever thing.
- Not sick, is a state of “soldiering on”. It’s getting up, every morning, even though you don’t feel like it. This is the exact point where an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
- Declining health is a state of inconvenience – punctuated with medications, drug store or a prescription – to help make the inconvenient symptoms go away.
- Failing health is a state disbelief – punctuated with the 2nd delusion – there is some medical, non-medical or spiritual intervention can make the misery and suffering go away.
Back to Goldilocks
Goldilocks made all the right choices – except one.
What do you suppose happened to Goldilocks – once she is discovered by the bears?
3rd Lesson: Choices Have Consequences
The inter-connectivity between your state of health – and work, family and self is unavoidable. A person, who finds themselves on this predictable path of declining health, will experience big changes at work, in their family life and a decline in their physical and emotional well-being.
And, when the predictable happens – their state of health is in full-blown decline – people are bombarded with advice and advertisements that support the false belief that technology will erase the story that is unfolding.
4th Holistic Health Lesson: Your health isn’t permanent – nor is it automatic!
People falsely believe: Health is permanent → Health happens automatically → A fix for broken health is one phone call away. They’re wrong!
|In a perfect world people wouldn’t face declining and failing health dilemmas:
5th of 6 Holistic Health Lesson: The world isn’t perfect.
• The air and water could be better
• Commercial food products aren’t what they’re trumped up to be
• People aren’t nice to one another – all the time
• Mary Poppins isn’t on-call to make your boo-boos go away|
• So, it is up to you.
You need to know 5 rules to help you stay or become healthy:
1. Let your conscience be your guide
On matters of diet:
Your body maintains and heals itself
. . . using the “stuff” it gets from the food you eat and the water your drink.
- Don’t make perfect be the enemy of good!
- What you do every day helps you – what you do occasionally won’t hurt you!
- Eat as close to a balanced diet as possible. (For more information on the balanced diet, consult: The University of Michigan, Interactive Medicine website – www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/)
- Eat lots of differently colored above ground veggies and 2 hard fruits – every day.
- Avoid “the white stuff”: white flour, sugar, starchy vegetables, salt and tropical fruit juices.
- Drink Water: your body weight divided by 2 in ounces – every day.
- Plug the holes with fundamental nutritional supplements.
On matters of supplements:
- Use supplements to fill the gaps in your diet between what you consume and what your body needs to stay healthy.
- Avoid the “hype” in the media and advertising
- Be sure of your sources of information and products.
- Buy the highest quality possible because, in most cases, price is an indication of what you are getting.
There are 2 categories of supplements:
1. Fundamental nutritional supplements to help fill general gaps in your diet.
2. Nutritional supplements for specific health concerns – sometimes called natural remedies.
For more information on choosing a supplement plan you can:
1. Purchase a Holisitic Health & Healing Manual like: Creating Radiant Health – the key to releasing the healing power within
3. Ask a professional like: a certified Natural Health Consultant for guidance »
6th Holistic, Natural, Health & Healing Lesson: It’s Your Life – It’s Your Choice
The Goldilocks rules for holistic health and healing – too little, too much, just right
. . . sure beats the false hope that someone or something will be there to fix what you have broken
because everyone knows there aren’t any magic bullets – don’t they?