Recovery From Sickness and Disease
An instant – or at least fast – recovery from sickness & disease, or a health complaint, is a common expectation. It’s called the aspirin syndrome -take a pill, headache gone.
That’s a mistake!
The word disease is part of our language. Most people take disease to be a medical term that evokes thoughts of prescriptions and medical treatment – but, it’s not.
A quick trip to the dictionary can easily dispel all this confusion.
You will read: Disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body. It breaks down nicely, too: dis means: “the opposite of”; ease means: “comfort”.
The Opposite of Dis-ease is Comfort.
Excluding conditions of birth and injury, most of the health complaints that people experience are degenerative and chronic in nature. The body has been decaying – over time – due to physical, mental and/or nutritional negligence.
Chronic Health Conditions
These chronic health conditions are symptoms of the body’s inability to adapt to this long-term negligence.
1. When people stop the negligence, their complaints generally diminish.
2. When people change their habit(s) – the complaints go away.
In holistic terms, nagging health complaints (chronic diseases) are the warning signs that the body is reaching the limits of ability to adapt to the negligence.
- If the sickness-causing habits are nipped in the bud with improved diet, natural remedies, rest and lifestyle modification, the body bounces back.
- If the sickness causing habits continue, or are repeated, health deteriorates – as the body continues or resumes to decay.
- When the body can no longer adapt – death occurs.
Recover from Sickness and Disease or Declining Health Instantly or Fast
The urge to resume their GO-GO schedules, before their body has had a chance to fully recover, puts them right back on track to relive their sickness or disease – or worse, experience even more challenging complaints later on.
The difference between people’s expectation – instant recovery
“Convalescence” is a word is missing from the list of pseudo-medical terms that people recognize.
The definition of convalescence is: to make progress toward the restoration to health and strength after the cessation of disease. As the definition implies, it takes time for the complete restoration to health.
Convalescence needs to be the watch word – when sickness and disease happens!
Your body is not a machine. It is a miracle of Creation that is:
- Adaptable: allowing your body to adjust to changing circumstances, for a short period of time.
- Resilient: allowing it to bounce back from those short-term changes.
- Self-Repairing and Replicating: allowing your body to heal and rebuild itself – if it has the nutritional resources and enough time.
- Removing the offending lifestyle choices – physical, mental, biochemical – for a period of time – to allow the body to recover from the effects of past neglect and abuse.
- Reflecting on the circumstances and choices that put them in their plight, in the first place.
- Taking the time to make the permanent changes to avoid repeating the ordeal, or worse, a magnified version of their symptoms of decay and declining health.
Convalescence is progressive, too. People feel better sooner than the calculation suggests because the latest complaint is the 1st to diminish, so they can resume life – sooner and moderately – but, full recovery will take the full time.
Natural Medicine and Holistic Healing is really that simple.
The Objective is: Help You Become Responsible and in Control of Your Own Health.
Remember this: It’s easier to stay healthy, than to become healthy, once you’re not! Insanity is doing the same thing – again – and expecting something different to happen.
Natural, Holistic Medicine is More Than a “Medical Band Aid“.
If your objective is True Health Then …
Learn more Make an AppointmentServing: castle rock | parker | elizabeth | kiowa | larkspur | colorado springs | denver | centennial | littleton | englewood | colorado | wyoming | new mexico | texas